Saturday, June 26, 2010

clear as mud.

Well, tomorrow marks the beginning of the second Mission Indy week. Although the week is chaotic, I appreciate the routine and organization of things. When everything in my mind seems as clear as mud, it's stabilizing to have some sense of order.

I think one of the reasons I love hanging out with kids so much is because they, also, don't have everything figured out, but they are much more at peace with it. They are spontaneous, joyful, bounce back quickly, and remind me not to dwell on the unknowns but to enjoy the present.

And one of the reasons I enjoy hanging out with older, wiser people is because they have all sorts of stories and experiences to share and contribute. They have valuable advice to offer, cautions and warnings, as well as the ability to laugh at the past. They have walked through all sorts of tough lessons and have come out of the other side to teach future generations.

Then one of the reasons I enjoy spending time with people my own age is because we can relate at a very real level. We often share similar experiences or concerns about life. We all face a crossroads of some sort and can understand what it's like to be stuck there.

So, I guess this brings me back to the importance of community. We need the young ones, we need the seasoned ones, and we need peers. We all have things to offer to each other, and we can all learn from each other. Brilliant.

3 comments:

  1. I love you dear. I cannnot wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, sister! Let me know what you decide about next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete